This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the premier healthcare packaging contract staffing companies in the world supporting a variety of challenging strategic packaging initiatives.
The Packaging Engineer will work within a small packaging design and development organization and other company colleagues with responsibility to create and revise packaging specifications, technical drawings and associated references for primary, secondary and tertiary levels of packaging. The engineer will be located at the client’s South Plainfield, NJ location and be provided with remote support and mentoring from the senior members of the Network Packaging Partners team. This position will provide valuable experience in working alongside production and packaging operations, which is highly desirable experience for higher level roles in the future.
Network Packaging Partners is a rapidly growing management consulting and staffing firm. We embrace a 21st Century culture of collaboration, trust and innovative work arrangements. We help organizations and individuals succeed. We offer competitive compensation and a number of distinctive benefits along with flexible work arrangements. We’re committed to the professional and personal growth of our colleagues and provide hands on mentoring and coaching and support for our colleague’s desire to develop themselves. We invite you to explore what it’s like to be a colleague and grow with us.
Our client’s packaging organization is seeking a package engineering professional for the development of packaging specifications for pharmaceutical. The candidate will be responsible for the revisions and ongoing changes necessary to keep the packaging specifications relevant to the business and pending traceability regulations, e.g., product serialization. Responsibilities also include supporting risk analysis, prototyping, line trials and various qualification and validation tasks necessary to ensure the success of the client’s packaging operations. The candidate will oversee the proper design and selection of primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging components and systems.
The position will fulfill these responsibilities through collaboration with other departments and functional area leaders such as equipment engineering, purchasing, labeling and quality.
The ideal candidate for this position possesses all the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical packaging forms and delivery methods.
- Must be experienced in working in a regulated healthcare environment and a champion of current good manufacturing practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as extensive experience in leading and facilitating diverse teams, both face-to-face and in a virtual setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead discussions with partners from other functional areas when conducting risk assessments, designing experimental test plans, and seeking to utilize materials and resources in other departments.
- Strong time and project management skills to allow for the ability to successfully track multiple project assignments at a variety of different stages of development.
- Must be comfortable communicating with and presenting to both peer-level team members and management.
- Must possess critical thinking and problem solving skills and have ability to complete assignments with limited guidance (self-directed).
- Fluent with Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment – at times taking direction from senior associates and project managers.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering or math.
Entry Level: Must have a Package Engineering degree and at least one co-op position in a regulated healthcare environment (pharmaceutical, consumer health or medical device).
Degreed Professional: Must have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in pharmaceutical, OTC or medical device packaging. Familiarity and experience with liquids, gels, creams and ointment dosage forms a plus.
South Plainfield, NJ. Candidate must be able to work in the US.
Requires the ability to travel 10% of the time on a monthly basis.Apply for this Position