About Us and the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the premier medical device companies in the world supporting a very challenging strategic packaging initiative.
The Senior Packaging Engineer will work with a cross-functional team to design, develop, test, validate, and commercialize packaging solutions for medical devices. They will also be responsible for improvements to packaging systems for post-sterile pack out of legacy products. The engineer will be located at a client company with back support and mentoring from the senior members of the Network Packaging Partners team.
Network Packaging Partners is a rapidly growing management consulting and staffing firm. We embrace a 21st Century culture of collaboration, trust and innovative work arrangements. We help organizations and individuals succeed. We offer competitive compensation and a number of distinctive benefits along with flexible work arrangements. We’re committed to the professional and personal growth of our colleagues and provide hands on mentoring and coaching and support for our colleague’s desire to develop themselves. We invite you to explore what it’s like to be a colleague and grow with us.
- Medical device packaging system development for flexible and rigid packaging applications.
- Designs, prototypes and qualifies standard new packaging concepts in accordance with cGMP’s with moderate guidance
- Evaluates and improves standard existing packaging concepts with moderate guidance
- Identifies, analyzes and specifies standard packaging materials and equipment with moderate guidance
- Supports external resource/contractors as required
- Collects basic information needed to analyze a problem, situation or issue
- Performs routine or basic analysis, following the correct steps and using the appropriate tools, observing and seeking guidance from senior staff when necessary
- Identifies basic implications/conclusions from the logical analysis of a routine situation or issue demonstrates basic understanding of functional goals and sound knowledge of technical areas within project scope; applies knowledge in developing basic solutions
- Serves as a credible resource to others; answers basic questions pertaining to a specific area of expertise
- Effectively communicates technical knowledge and validates understanding of others
- Demonstrates working knowledge of package engineering principles and techniques
- Demonstrates working knowledge of legal requirements and documents
- Has developed knowledge and skills in packaging; still acquiring / expanding fundamental knowledge and higher-level skills
- Applies knowledge and skills to a variety of standard activities
- Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge Packaging test methods/standards and related equipment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Packaging system verification and validation experience
- Experience with statistics and design of experiments
- Knowledge of the following standards: ISO 13485, ISO 11607, and ISO 14971
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering, or equivalent degree/experience in related field required
- Minimum 2 years technical experience with medical device and/or pharmaceutical packaging
- Experience managing portfolios from multiple disciplines, multiple plants with a variety of objectives